Friday, January 7, 2011

Starbucks Siren.

Starbucks is celebrating 40 years of business this year... 
(Yeah, I never knew they had been around that long either!)

In honor of their 40 years they decided to give The Siren also known 
as their famous logo of the double tailed mermaid a lil' makeover... 
What do you think?
I'm not completely sold. I think I have to see it in person, in these depictions it kinda
 looks like the design should be imprinted on currency & personally, 
I kinda miss the "Starbucks Coffee" typography. 
Then again when you are a company who has been around for 40 years 
& everyone knows your logo I guess you don't really have to spell it out, right?
Plus I tend to be a person resistant to change, I like things the way they are 
&  it takes me some time to get used to "new" things in my daily routine... 
So I'm sure once I get a new cup with a made-over Siren in hand I'll probably like it! 


In other news, I guess this will make all older Starbucks logo themed things "vintage", eh?
Maybe we should start saving those cups now before the official change!? Just kidding. 

xoxo

3 comments:

Nicole said...

eh, i dont love it.
maybe we should start saving the old one. if someone thought of that in 1971, they would probably have a true vintage item on their hands :)

PoetessWug said...

*Tehee*...I never noticed the logo anyway! I just go straight for the "goods"!! ^_^

Room 209 said...

Is it strange that I NEVER noticed the mermaid?? Never until I read your post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails